VOLUNTEERING IN BALI – SUITABLE FOR 24+ WORKING IN PAIRS
Volunteering in Bali – known as The Island of the Gods – has long been a favourite destination for back-packers and tourists. Its beautiful landscape consisting of a mountainous interior with jungle forests and volcanos, surrounded by manicured paddy fields and fringed by beautiful beaches is truly breathtaking. The Balinese people have both an inner and outer beauty and welcome visitors graciously.
The climate provides the perfect escape for Europeans wanting sunshine and warmth.
However, the average tourist will not be aware of the hardships suffered by some of the rural communities. Extreme poverty coupled with living in remote areas and a lack of communications and awareness mean that many people and communities suffer extreme hardships.
Come and join this well-established Balinese Foundation and assist them in supporting many of the island’s needy charitable foundations. The foundation welcomes volunteers in two’s or more with specialist skills in:
– medical including experience with disability
– physiotherapy or occupational therapy
They will organize your time for you so that you not only get to see the real Bali and go off the beaten track but can share your knowledge and unique skills with the local people and make a difference in their communities.
EXPERIENCE BALI in your spare time
*Travel to nearby Lombok and the popular backpacker islands, The Gilli Islands
*Experience the spiritual mountainous village, Ubud (featuring in Eat,Pray, Love) – visit its monkey jungle, temples and hot springs
*Visit Kuta – great for surfing, shopping, nightlife and a long white beach
*Visit the famous temple, Tanah Lot
*Trekking with Mudi:
1. Holy Mountain Spiritual trek rp. 590.000/pax inclusion : return car transfers, mineral water, walking stick, sarong, lunch.
2. Mount Agung from Pasar Agung Rp. 750.000/pax inclusion : return car transfers, Breakfast, trekking gear, mineral
water, lunch and refreshment.
3. DBS Mount Agung With camp rp. rp. 1.400.000/pax inclusion: return car transfers, breakfast, lunch,dinner, trekking and camping gear, mineral water and refreshment.
4. Mount Batur Rp. 700.000/pax inclusion : return car transfers, breakfast, lunch, trekking gear, natural hot spring ticket, and refreshment
5. Kastala-tenganan Rp. 400.000/pax inclusion : return car transfers, lunch, refreshment
6. Biking Rp. 600.000/pax inclusion return car transfers, lunch, snorkling and refreshment.
7. West Bali national park and snorkling at menjangan rp. 1.100.000/pax inclusion : return car transfers, snorkling gear, lunch and refreshment.
All above rates based on minimum 2 persons. If only one person then 50% uplift from published rate, pick up and drop off included.
*Trekking with Daniel Elbers Foundation
*Snorkeling at Menjangan Island