This 14 night Ghana Ladies Trip is designed for ladies who enjoy travelling with others who are like minded and fun, are happy to volunteer in one of the many placements in Accra and would also like to see some of Ghana at the weekends. You can volunteer in one of the following:
- Sports coaching
- Working with endangered primates, (*£50 extra for registration)
- Working with horses
- Shadowing doctors, nurses, midwives, dentists, physios (*£100 extra for registration)
- Shadowing vets and veterinary nurses (*£200 extra for registration)
- Animal welfare outreach project
Accommodation is at the modern Volunteer House in shared single sex rooms and meals are taken there whilst volunteering in Accra.
Tuesday 1st October 2019 – Depart 1410 hrs UK London Heathrow, after a glass of Prosecco, on British Airways flight BA81 to Accra, Ghana, that you book yourself. (Cheaper option is KLM via Amsterdam – saving of £200) or TAP via Lisbon. Arrive 1940 hrs in Accra and taxi to Volunteer House. Welcome meal on arrival. Bed!
Wednesday 2nd October to Friday 4th October – Orientation. How to get around Accra. Introduction to your chosen volunteer placement. Volunteering every day. Volunteer gets themselves to their project either by bus or shared taxi. Nominal cost.
Saturday 5th October and Sunday 6th October – weekend excursion by private vehicle to Cape Coast Castle where the slaves were held, Elmina, Kakum National Park and crocodile sanctuary. One night in double A/C room, single occupancy, in beach hotel in Cape Coast. Food and drinks not included.
Monday 7th October to Friday 11th October – Volunteering at one or more of the projects. Meal out mid week at local restaurant (not included)
Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th October– weekend excursion to the Volta Delta region including one night in a double room, single occupancy, in luxury hotel with pool, river beach and access to river. Lots of extras to do – visiting the animals, boat trips, etc. Food and drinks not included.
Monday 14th October – Tuesday 15th October – Final 2 days volunteering at your placement! Final dinner at Volunteer House then return back to the UK on evening British Airways flight 78, departing at 2235hrs, arriving UK next day at 0615 hrs or other flight.
COST: £1,400 each
- Glass of Prosecco at Heathrow Airport on departure
- Airport Transfers in Accra both on arrival and departure
- Accommodation at Volunteer House in shared, single sex rooms with ensuite bathroom with shower, toilet and hand basin. Ceiling fans. 3 meals daily when at the Volunteer House. Free drinking water.
- Orientation on arrival, introduction to volunteer placement, 24 x 7 contact with project managers.
- Weekend excursion to Cape Coast including private vehicle, one night in beach hotel, visits to Cape Coast Castle, Elmina, Kakum National Park and Crocodile Sanctuary.
- Weekend excursion to Volta Delta Region including private vehicle, one night in luxury hotel with swimming pool.
- Flights from UK to Accra in Ghana
- Travel Insurance – a must!
- Yellow Fever Vaccination – you need to show this on arrival!
- Ghana Visa
- Meals when on weekend excursions.
- Transport to placements by bus or shared taxi.
- Spending money.
How to book:
1. Check with us first about availability. Then download the Booking Form attached and return to Volunteer Vacations with your deposit of £195:
2. Book your flights ASAP to get the best price. You can go on other airlines if you prefer but it would be good for all to arrive and depart together
3. Check your Travel Insurance will cover you for this trip. We need to see proof of cover. If not, you can get a quote from:
4. Get your Ghana Visa before you go.
5. Check your vaccinations are all up to date and also you must have the Yellow Fever vaccination which is checked on arrival at the airport.
6. Pack your suitcase!
If you would like to chat about the above trip, do give me a ring on 07833 208 158, or drop me an email on: email@example.com
Volunteer Vacations, Bentlys, Hound House Road, Shere, GU5 9JH Company No. 7262166